Once again, one of our favorite events of the season, the SPAC Ballet Gala, did not disappoint. We opted, as we always do, for the law party festivities featuring convivial tent gatherings on the SPAC grounds.
The theme of the evening, The Four Seasons, carried across the event through the tent party decor (we went with summer pool party for our tent btw) as well as sporadic pop-up performances and sensational tastings leading up to the centerpiece performance of the New York City Ballet.
The finale of the evening featured an impressive fireworks display and live music by Garland Nelson and Soul Session, who kept the crowd dancing and the party going long into the night.
A huge thank you to our hosts, the SPAC Action Council and SPAC Junior Committee for a fabulous evening. We have a bunch more people to thank for helping us put together an amazing tent this year, so please be sure to scroll down, after the photo gallery, to see who contributed to our evening.
Congratualtions to SPAC, the SPAC Action Council, and the SPAC Junior Commitee on another incredible Ballet Gala. This is without questions one of our favortie Saratoga events and this year was certainly one for the books. Take a look… PS – Photos coming soon so stay tunned.
Posted by Explore Saratoga on Thursday, July 26, 2018
SPAC Ballet Gala – Lawn Party Photos
Please note that these photos are the property of Explore Saratoga. Use on your social media is permitted as long as you tag us and provide credit. Any other use will require our permission. Photos by Taylor Finlay for Explore Saratoga.
OUR SINCERE THANKS
We also need to give a proper shout-out to some great local businesses that helped us provide an amazing experience for our guests…
- Hamlet & Ghost created an incredible Make Your Own Spritz Bar that everyone raved about, and we highly recommend for your next party
- Morton’s put together a great spread, including Petite Mignon Filet Sandwiches, Crab Cake BLT Sliders, and more to keep us fueled up all night
- Saratoga Tea & Honey’s matcha was a key ingredient in our Rue Bonaparte Spritz, which was a huge hit and helped keep us going
- Owl’s Brew Raddlers have become a summer favorite of ours, which you probably know if you follow us on Instagram. What you probably don’t know is that one of the founders, Maria O’Day, is a Skidmore alum.
And, our friends at DeCrescente Distributing hooked us up with all kinds of great local products, which we’re all about, including…
- Saratoga Springs Bourbon from Upstate Distilling was featured in our American Oaks Spritz and sampled in at least a few tastings
- The Spa Pale Ale from Artisanal Brew Works was our featured beer for the evening
- Our favorite salty snack, Saratoga Chips, which we definitely appreciated late night
- Saratoga Springs Water Company kept our guests properly hydrated and of course we had to have the their sparkling water for our Spritz Bar
We’d also like to thank Raine or Shine Tent Company for all of the tents, which we loved decorating and seeing decorated by others, Garland Nelson and Soul Session for keeping the party going, and last but certainly not least the New York City Ballet for an amazing week of performances at their summer home, the Saratoga Performing Arts Center.
See you at next year’s gala!