Last Updated: November 25, 2014
Types of Information Collected
Explore Media will collect information, including Personal Information and Non-Identifying Information, when you interact with us and the Site, for example when you:
- access or use the Site;
- register, subscribe, or create an account with Explore Media;
- open or respond to our e-mails;
- provide information to enroll or participate in programs provided on behalf of, or together with, business partners;
- visit any page online that displays our ads or content;
- purchase products or services on or through the Site; and
- connect or link to any Site via social networking sites.
Your Privacy Options
Explore Media thinks that you benefit from a more personalized experience when we know more about you and what you like. While Explore Media will only email Users who sign up for accounts or visitors who sign up for email communications, you can limit the information you provide to Explore Media, and you can limit the communications that Explore Media sends to you.
You may manage how your browser handles Cookies by adjusting its privacy and security settings. Browsers are different, so refer to instructions related to your browser to learn about cookie-related and other privacy and security settings that may be available.
You may manage how your mobile device and mobile browser share certain information from your mobile device with Explore Media, as well as how your mobile browser handles Cookies by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
How Explore Media Uses Your Information
- Operate, maintain and improve the Site and our services;
- Evaluate your eligibility for certain types of offers, products or services that may be of interest to you, and analyze advertising effectiveness;
- Answer your questions and respond to your requests;
- Perform analytics and conduct customer research;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about Explore Media and our business partners, sometimes by combining your information with information from other sources;
- Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages, service bulletins, marketing messages, and requested information, including on behalf of business partners;
- Manage our everyday business needs, such as administration of the Site, forum management, fulfillment, analytics, fraud prevention, and enforcement of our corporate reporting obligations and Terms of Service, or to comply with the law.
When Explore Media May Disclose Your Information
Explore Media may share your Personal Information as required or permitted by law:
- to facilitate a direct relationship with you;
- to enable electronic communications with you as part of purchase, a sponsored reward, offer, contest, program, or other activity in which you have elected to participate;
- with a purchaser of Explore Media (or their assets);
- to comply with legal orders and government requests, or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions;
- to combat fraud or criminal activity, and to protect our rights or those of our affiliates, users, and business partners, or as part of legal proceedings affecting Explore Media;
- in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate; or
- with your consent.
We may also disclose Non-Identifying Information:
- for the same reasons we might share Personal Information;
- with business partners for their own analysis and research; or
- to facilitate targeted content and ads.
How Explore Media Collects Information
You provide us with your Personal Information when you register, subscribe, create an account, or otherwise when you provide us with your Personal Information during your interaction with the Site. Explore Media also collects Personal Information when you contact us online for customer service and other support using self-help tools, such as email, or text.
Information from your mobile device may be collected when your device interacts with the Site and Explore Media, even if you are not logged into the Site using your device. If you have questions about the security and privacy settings of your mobile device, please refer to instructions from your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
Explore Media has implemented an information security program that contains administrative, technical and physical controls that are designed to reasonably safeguard Personal Information.
Your Ability to Access and Manage Your Personal Information
You can access, update and delete the information you provided to us in your profile, if you have one, by logging into your account. Keeping your Personal Information current helps ensure that Explore Media continues to provide you with services most relevant to you.
If you want to close your Explore Media account or have other questions or requests, please contact us. While we are ready to assist you in managing your subscriptions, closing your account, and removing your active profile, we cannot always delete records of past interactions and transactions.
Explore Media will retain your Personal Information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that Explore Media no longer use your Personal Information to provide you services contact us at email@example.com. Explore Media will retain and use your Personal Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Your Interaction With Social Networks Through Explore Media’s Site
Social Community Areas
The Site may be accessible through or contain connections to areas where you may be able to publicly post information, communicate with others such as discussion boards or blogs, review products and merchants, and submit media content. Prior to posting in these areas, please read our Terms of Service carefully. All the information you post may be accessible to anyone with Internet access, and any Personal Information you include in your posting may be read, collected, and used by others. You should avoid publicly posting Personal Information or identifying information about third parties.
Connecting through Social Networks
Explore Media offers social networking users the opportunity to interact with friends and to share on social networks. Please refer to the privacy settings in your social network account to manage the data that is shared through your account.
Privacy Practices of Third Parties
EU/EEA Safe Harbor; Notice to Residents of Countries outside the United States of America
Explore Media, Inc. is headquartered in the United States of America. We recognize that the European Community has established a data protection regime pursuant to Directive 95/46/EC (the “Directive”). The Directive applies to the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Switzerland has also established a data protection regime pursuant to the Federal Act on Data Protection (“FADP”). These regimes restrict companies in the EEA and Switzerland (collectively, “EEA/CH”) from transferring personal data about individuals in the EEA/CH to the United States, unless there is “adequate protection” for such personal data when it is received in the United States. To create such “adequate protection” and allow our business partners to overcome the restriction on international data transfers established by the Directive and the FADP, we adhere to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles published by US Department of Commerce (“Safe Harbor Principles”) with respect to personal data about individuals in the EEA/CH that our affiliates and business partners in the EEA/CH send to us, (“EEA/CH Data”). More information on the Safe Harbor Principles and Explore Media’s scope of participation is available at http://export.gov/safeharbor/. Explore Media’s policy concerning the processing of EEA/CH Data under its certification can be viewed at [link].
Explore Media does not intend that any portion of the Site will be accessed or used by children under the age of eighteen, and such use is prohibited. The Site is designed and intended for adults. By using Explore Media, you represent that you are at least eighteen years old and understand that you must be at least eighteen years old in order to create an account and purchase the goods or services advertised through the Site. Explore Media will promptly delete information associated with any account be obtain actual knowledge is associated with a registered user who is not at least eighteen years old.
Cookie means a small amount of information that a web server sends to your browser that stores information about your account, your preferences, and your use of the Site. Some cookies are temporary, whereas others may be configured to last longer.
Non-Identifying Information means information that alone cannot identify you, including data from Cookies, Pixel Tags and Web Beacons, and Device Data. Non-Identifying Information may be derived from Personal Information.
Personal Information means information about you that specifically identifies you or, when combined with other information we have, can be used to identify you. This includes the following types of information:
- Contact Information: your name, postal addresses, email addresses, social networking website user account names, telephone numbers, or other addresses at which you are able to receive communications.
- Relationship Information: information you provide that enables us to determine lifestyle, interests, and activities, including location information related to your state/province, city, or neighborhood; areas of interest, the types of deals that interest you, information collected through your interactions with social networks, demographic information (e.g., birth date, age, gender); and information about friends who refer you or whom you have referred;
- Transaction Information: information you provide when you interact with us and the Site; email and other communications; and how you interact with business partners and our vendors; and
- Financial Account Information: information collected from you as needed to process payments for products or services that you buy, or as provided by you to administer your participation in optional services and programs, such as your payment card number, expiration date, and card verification number.
Third-Party Ad-Servers means vendors and other third parties that provide the technology to place ads on websites and track ad performance.
Users means, collectively, third parties who create profiles on the Site for the purpose of marketing or advertising their business to the public.